Halloween Freebie!


Happy Monday! We're working on a few things for later on this week, so for tonight we have a quick little freebie for all our our First Grade Fanatics! Today in reading group we did a fun little reading about the history of Halloween. We only have kids 2 days this week, so I decided to not to start a new unit. Anywho, I found a reading somewhere out there a few years ago, I'm thinking maybe on ABC teach. We read it a few different ways, and talked about it, and the kids really learned a lot about why people celebrate Halloween, and the history behind it. Then later on during intervention (where I have my reading group again) we did this activity. The kids had to come up with 4 things that we learned about Halloween. They did a great job, so we thought we'd share it with you. Enjoy!

What do we know about Halloween?

7 comments:

  1. How cute! We are having an all day Halloween party this year as a testing reward (yikes!!), so this will totally come in handy in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Caitlin
    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Thanks for sharing :) Do you have the passage available to e-mail?

    Thanks!
    TeachinginHeels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! We're trying to do this this year in preschool and web out everything they know and want to know before learning about something. When I try to download it, it's unable to show up on google docs though. If you could fix it, i'd love to have it!
    I was wondering if I could actually ask you a question too? I have tried to upload a document picture, like this halloween worksheet to my personal blog from my google docs, but I cannot figure it out! Could you possibly enlighten me how to post the picture of a document to a blog, and have the link go to google docs after clicking on the picture? I'd be so grateful if you'd reply to this comment and let me know how it's done. Thank you so much! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we post a picture of a document, we have saved it as a jpeg, and then just upload it like any other picture. When you go to save as, you can pick what format you'd like to save it as. It automatically chooses what program you're in (ie. word, powerpoint, etc.). Just choose jpeg, and then you can post the picture. There may be another way, but this works for us! :) If you have any other questions, definitely send us an email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! You are so sweet for replying. I will definitely try this and email you guys if I need to. Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What book did you use before using the web?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used a resource from ABC teach on the web. Thanks so much for your question :)

    ReplyDelete