Hello March!

Yay for March!  I always look forward to March because March means SPRING!!!!  Although it rains a lot here in Oregon, I am hoping this March will bring more sun than we had in February.  We've had a cold and wet winter and this teacher is ready for some SUNSHINE!  It's been a while since my last post and I have several word sort freebies to share with you all :) I incorporate these into my small reading groups and create them based on our current sound focus in our reading program.  
Thought I'd share a few freebies that I used with my first graders a few weeks ago!
This little long a freebie contains February themed clipart, but could really be used anytime!  
Click on any of the pictures below to download!



This next freebie focuses on the long e sound.  



Last week we finished up our dental health unit.  I purchased these two resources and they were wonderful!  

Dental Health Unit: Activities to Teach about Teeth and the Dentist

And if you have Netflix there is a fantastic Sid the Science Kid episode that my kids loved!  It's season 1 episode 16: A Brush with Teeth.  We watched a little bit each day after we were packed up and waiting for the busses.
This week's sound focus in my classroom is long i (ie, i_e, y, igh)  and I found this
 Long I  fabulous freebie !  I'll be incorporating some of the activities in my small groups and during my intervention block. 

Here's a March themed worksheet that I will also use during my intervention block.  Just click the picture below if you'd like a copy!


 If you're following my stations that I incorporate into my reading block,
here's what we just finished up with at the beginning of last week:


*Sequencing Corner: The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, sequencing cards, and printable emergent reader.  There are several sets of sequencing cards that you can find on TpT and Pinterest.  The ones I use are came from Abby's store {HERE}.  I just cut the numbers off.   She has several other options like {THESE} which could also work.  The emergent reader can be found {HERE}.

*Puzzle Place: Puzzle Place: 100 piece puzzles and environmental print puzzles.  {HERE} is an example of what the environmental print puzzles look like.  I cut them up myself and place them in baggies. 

*White Boards: My kiddos write their weekly word list first, then write their own words or sentences.

*Rhyming Road:  Rhyme concentration, rhyme book, rhyme match.  These items can be found {HERE} and {HERE}.

*Digraph Dilemma: Make & Take Phonics Mini Books: Consonant Digraphs that can be found {HERE}.

*Word Wall Wizard: Hidden Words worksheet that can be found {HERE}.  This is ALWAYS a favorite with my first graders!

*Word Way:  Sight Word Pop.  Printable popcorn can be found on our blog {HERE}.  I bought popcorn containers from the dollar spot at Target.  They are similar to the ones {HERE}.  I also put Word Whiz out at this station.  You can check them out {HERE}.

*Artist's Alley:  Abraham Lincoln craft that can be found in {THIS} Evan-Moor book.


Click {HERE} if you'd like to see the first week and some info about my station work!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment