Happy January!

Happy January!  Hope your year is off to a great start!
After a very LONG winter break (we've had so many two hour delays and snow days in December and January, I've lost track of the total!) I am finally going back to a full week this next week, and I can't wait for some consistency!
Just stopping by to share a quick little freebie that I made for my first graders this week!  Long i (i_e) is our sound focus of the week, and this will be one of the choices my students have during our intervention time.
Just click on the picture below if you'd like to grab a copy!


I also just finished up this entire set.  I like to incorporate these into my literacy stations during my reading block.  Look for a post next week about how I use these!  If you'd like to check them out, just click the picture below.  You can find the individual sets {HERE}.



If you're following my stations that I incorporate into my reading block,
here's what we're my students are doing next week:


*Spelling Space: Word Search focusing on long i (this is from my reading program), Write it! focusing on our story words for the week which can be found {HERE}  If you'd like to check out the Dolch Set you can go {HERE}, and Word Whiz that are from Learning Resources.  You can check them out {HERE}.

*Sand Writing: My kiddos use craft sticks and write their weekly words in sand.  I bought my sand from Lakeshore, a local teacher store.  It can be found {HERE}.  I put the sand in plastic supply boxes which make it easy for clean up.  I also put a plastic table cloth on the table :)

*Dice Drive: Five in a Row Dolch Phrases from First Grade Factory which can be found {HERE} and roll a word which can be found {HERE}.

*White Boards:
 Kids write spelling words from weekly word list, then write their own words.

*Read and Write the Room: Winter Words from this set {HERE}

*Word Way: Nonsense Word 4 in a Row that can be found {HERE} and word blocks for making sentences.

*Write the Room:  Christmas Write-the-Room which can be found {HERE} and Read and Write the Room: North Pole & Gingerbread words that can be found {HERE}

*Syllable Station: January syllable set that can be found {HERE}.

*Artist's Alley:  Snowman freebie from Funky Fresh Firsties.  The freebie can be found {HERE}.

Click {HERE} if you'd like to see the first week and some info about my station work!
Click {HERE}for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!
Click {HERE} for other station ideas!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment